Training sociotherapists in Bugesera and Gicumbi.
24 februari 2014
The Community Based Sociotherapy Program is now training 78 sociotherapists in Bugesera and Gicumbi.
On completing the training the participants will be able:
- To provide basic psychosocial support to people in the communities;
- To facilitate sociotherapy sessions;
- To implement the different phases in a sociotherapy process;
- To integrate the sociotherapy principles throughout the sociotherapy phases;
- To know the techniques to be used to create an open environment in which people can share their sorrows related to the past and present;
- To identify people for whom sociotherapy could be beneficial and have knowledge on the ways to recruit them;
- To identify sociotherapy participants who require referral for specialist assistance.