- To create environments in which healing the victims of a painful past, repairing the social fabric and protecting the peace will be obtained.
- To facilitate Rwandans to identify, acknowledge, share, and manage together their every day psychosocial problems related to the recent history of political violence and its aftermath.
- To enable community members to develop a sense of responsibility and ownership over the program and in this way increase the chances of its sustainability.
- To stimulate socio-economic development through income-generating activities among graduates of sociotherapy groups.
- To develop comprehensive knowledge of the effectiveness of interventions aimed at the healing of psychosocial injuries, and the creation of interpersonal reconciliation and social cohesion at a community level in a post-conflict society.
- To inform a wide national and international audience about the experiences and results of the program with the aim to mainstream the program within existing institutions in Rwanda and beyond.